Sunday, April 19, 2009

Who are you role modeling or imitation?

It is said that in life we learn from our mistakes. However, I have come to this epiphany that nobody, I repeat nobody, in my known life has ever learned from their mistakes. No wonder why people all around the world make the same mistakes over and over again. They live their life over and over again with the same habits and ideas. Falling to the same traps right after standing up. Some call it habits, some blame it on genetics, some go as far as blaming others. Truth is we humans are not meant to learn from mistakes.

So the question is how do we learn? When it comes to behaviour there is only one way that I trust to learn. We learn by imitation or by following role models. Sure we have trend setters and leaders. Even they are shaped by the same rules and only very few have enough will power and wisdom to break free and prove otherwise.

The saddest news is my country seriously lacks good role models! So who are you role modeling or imitation? Or may I say, who would you rather role model or imitate?

No comments: