Monday, April 6, 2009

I prefer affection over love

Today let me tell my take on love and affection! Affection or 'kulunu' is purely born out of respect to someone! A deep feeling of admiration for someone with regards for his or her feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions. A respect can also be born for someone's abilities, qualities or achievements. Affection is spiritual! Now don't take my word for it, just take a person you have a lot of affection for and ask, why? And just say 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam!' :|

For God said is the Quran 30:21, "And from His signs is that He created for you mates from yourselves that you may reside with them, and He placed between you affection and mercy. In that are signs for a people who reflect".

Now comes love, the so called love as we know is a combination of both fear and respect. Now don't take me wrong here, fear is a good thing. Fear keeps us in the due places, it keeps us bound to a reality. Just take someone you have or love, and simply ask yourself. Do you have a fear? A fear mostly of loosing, or at time of insecurity, or parents, or relatives, or it can be anything. If you have ever fallen in love, just look into your life, what really drive you to love is this fear. :)

Let us look at it from a lady's point of view. Let us picture a superior, masterful and a cruel man! It would take a lot of courage for a lady to bring such a man into her way, to change him into a compassionate, tender and nurturing man. Isn't such a brave and daring act worthy of olympic medals? Love is the journey where a lady decide to exercise a strong passionate garrison over a man, what an exciting but frightening journey? ;)

But why take such a fearful journey? It is all about procreation! To mate with the best, to create the best of offsprings, so you and your offsprings survival is high. It is all biologically wired into you! Can't help it! ;) However, with today's social conditioning, bollywood and hollywood, peer pressure and relatives, only very few will dare to become such a diva, the rest who fall to social subjection is called 'society'! :P

As for me, I had enough of this, I had my experiences of love and I think it is about time I prefer affection over love.

6 comments:

[ dhondhooni ] said...

but wouldn't u rather if u got both?

M said...

i'd say love is just a word that different ppl classify as different words.. lust, companionship, affection etc...

i'd rather say it's attraction vs affection.. by which for attraction u don't have a choice for who u feel it; which is the exact reason why the diva is with the dare devil.

I agree with the social conditioning part which is why most of the men now tend to eat the shit out of all females.. (no offense ladies)

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm, love goes with affection and respect my dear. And as for fear, what is the use of loving if u dont fear of loosing your love?
Normally we dont say "Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam" to the person we say we have affection, but to the person we love.
There are lots of women who has fallen in love with the wrong person, like you have put in "superior, masterful and a cruel man" and you know what? women did change these guys to passionate and loving man. I can say this cause even im one of them. In the end love and affection and fear goes together..
Mating, creating off spring, these are nice words for the horses. In our world its like a garden and flowers bloom;-)

Kaainaath said...

dhonaa!
are u planning to give that a try? believe me, i can make u go crazy trying... ;)

M dude, well, I know what is in your head, believe me, it has lot of flaws... I know u will not believe me, so enjoy the ride until u hit the ice... take care!

Ano,
what? "garden and flowers bloom" hmm. at this rate before the end of the month u will be longing to have my baby! :)

Anonymous said...

U are the most negative person i have ever seen!!!!!! I referred to "garden and flowers bloom" only because of what you have written in your blog. Who in the right mind would want a baby with a such a negative , arrogant and rude person!!!!!! NO OFFENSE

Kaainaath said...

my dear ano! nobody, even you, can challenge that the greatest of all aims of all opinions in my blog is to make the un-simplifiable but essential piece of information, as easy and as little as imaginable, without having to give up enough fuss for an individual's experience...

in short, truth hurts... :P